Zomerpalooza

Monday, March 22, 2010

Divajeu



Upon saying goodbye to Lysel, Valerie and team, we hitched a train ride out east to Patricia’s other cousin Isabelle’s house in a tiny mountain town called Divajeu. It’s about an hour from the Alps and their house is this amazing stone mansion that sits in a lush valley. My stomach let me know who was boss the first day we arrived, so I missed out on the sunshine on the farm. I was all geared up to feed the chickens, sheep, rabbits and Isabelle’s donkey called ‘Balthazar’. If we ever have to live on a farm (which thanks to the current home buyers market in Melbourne we may have to), we are so getting a donkey. Just a little behind the Warthog for the title of ‘coolest animal in the kingdom’. So, when we woke up Sunday morning it had started to snow, not UK-type frostings, hardcore Japanese-powder type snow. On the Monday morning we woke up and it had snowed 25cm in one day, it was awesome. Isabelle’s son Adrien couldn’t get to school so we got out the sleds and went crazy! Only time the whole trip I wanted my snowboard as there is a huge glade right behind their house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home