Zomerpalooza

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Art, Art and Art.

Art #1: Musee du Louvre, how one giant museum can house so many artists is beyond me. The building itself is a work of art, let alone the collection inside. Years ago when I came to Paris I never understood its importance until now. (here is a picture of Patricia doing her own sculpture impression)
Art #2: Musee de l'Orangerie, thanks to Az and Linz who suggested this place, oh my god. We both were astounded at this collection of art; Picasso, Cezzane, Matisse, Renoir, Soutine. But, Monet's Water Lillies are truly astounding, two huge oval rooms house the most impressive artwork we've ever seen.
Art #3: Mille Feuille, the patisserie next to out hotel creates this masterpiece of pastry, custard and icing. If you only come to Paris to eat this delightful dessert, then you will go home a happy soul.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

is the pastry as good as my snot block!!!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger nickzomer said...

ha ha...almost as good!!! Your snot block still is my favourite!!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home