Zomerpalooza

Thursday, January 28, 2010

London

After 24 hours of flying, waiting in airport, flying, waiting in airport, we finally arrived in London. It was somewhat surreal hopping on the Piccadilly line and head into the city, I had these flashbacks of reading the first Harry Potter on the way to work circa 2000. Patricia did get to live the ultimate tube experience however, with all passengers following the "no talking - all sleeping" rules of the tube. After getting our stuff to the hostel, I took Patricia on the 'Zomer Walking Tour of London". I think she enjoyed it, even if I didn't know about any of the monuments or where exactly the Queen's jewels once did lay.....We took in the major sites, with a great visit to the National Gallery on the way through. Amazing to see Monet, Van Gogh, PIcasso and Pissaro all in one damn room, reminded me how spoilt they are over here with their art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home