Zomerpalooza

Monday, September 11, 2006

TOOL







I waltzed into the Calgary Saddledome by myself. I am inside a giant cauldron full of TOOL fans and metal fans in general. Usually TOOL has an elaborate stage setup, however, all that I see is a stage covered in white, total white, drums, steps and everything. Chatting to a dude next to me we ponder what is in store. He happens to be from Banff and works at our favourite bar: Bruno's. The place turns to black and the boys come out on stage to the roar from the stands. As they open with The Pot's screaming baseline, the stage is turned into a huge giant screen, full of fire, eyes, and TOOL influenced graphics. They belt the hell out of their songs and with their no gimmicks attitude, get in, play hard, and leave. The stage itself was extraordinary, but the sound, inside a huge stadium filled the space with ease. My favourite's on the night included "The Pot", "Jambi", "Aenema", and "Parabola". The gig in Brixton, London out did this one, but TOOL never let me down and I drove home with a huge smile on my dial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home